Hearth & Home Witchcraft by Jennie Blonde
Blending storytelling, witchcraft, and warm advice, Jennie Blonde (the @comfycozywitch) offers recipes, rituals, and spell work, to nourish yourself and your family.
For author Jennie Blonde, witchcraft is, in and of itself, comforting. Sure, there are not-so-comfortable parts as well—working with the shadow, coming face to face with that which holds you back. Jennie’s witchcraft is about connecting with the magic of nature, your higher self, and something beyond—a deity, deities, Spirit, the universe—and being comfortable with your true self in all aspects of your life.
“In times of anxiety,” Jennie writes, “I turn to my practice. When I need a moment of calm and reflection, I retreat to my sacred space for quiet meditation, pulling tarot cards, and journaling to nourish my soul. When I want to nourish my family, I turn to my garden and herbs and cauldron (my stockpot) for a bit of kitchen witchery. When I wish to nourish my body, I turn to mindful movement, self-care rituals, and spell work. And throughout the day, every day, there are small rituals I perform to keep me connected to my practice. It’s all of those things together that are the heart of my craft.”
Hearth and Home Witchcraft explores the following topics:
- rituals for protection and cleansing the hearth and home
- kitchen witchery, creating a kitchen altar, and recipes and rituals for nourishment
- the witch’s altar, tools, and spells, and creating a sacred space, no matter the size of the home
- herbs and plants, grounding rituals, and meditations to connect you with the earth
- witchy self-care, complete with rituals and recipes for ritual bath salts, oils, balms, and more